Every man should have a place to get away from everyday life and just hang out with friends and do manly stuff.
The most important thing to remember is that your man cave is a state of mind. It doesn’t need to be fancy or cost a lot of money; you just need to find a place within your home that you can call your own. Spaces like spare bedrooms, basements, garages, attics, and backyard sheds are all acceptable real estate to support your man cave.
Once you have your spot, you’re going to want to make it manly. There are no limits to how much you spend on your man cave or how you furnish it, you just need to fill it will stuff that you like.
Some man cave tips:
- Your man cave should be large enough to entertain friends.
- There should be more than one piece of entertainment at all times.
- Consider things like lighting, colors, temperature, and ventilation. This will affect the hangout-ability of your man cave.
- There should be plenty of comfortable seating.
- Make sure you have adequate privacy.
- Make sure that you have adequate electrical outlets and proper cable/satellite/internet connections.
Article by Edward Mullen
Host of The Edward Mullen Podcast